Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Creative Habit

I want to do more observational drawings to practice proportions and perspective. I suppose it would be similar to café sketch or commercial figure drawing. My focus will be people, their clothing, facial structure, emotion and actions.

To do this I plan on visiting various establishments (North Market, Convention Center, Crane, and cafeteria) for an hour or two and sketching.

I’m considering how media will play in to this (i.e. microns, pencils, markers, watercolor) I’m not sure if I should limit myself or use these interchangeably. Perhaps just focus on the ones I’m least comfortable with to build up my strength in using the material.


I really want to practice digital so maybe once a week I’ll compile a few drawings and do a digital value/color study knowing that color is another area I would like to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment